Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's in a cup of coffee anyways?

Mochachino, Frappachino, Machiato, Latte, etc.  Whatever your coffee language is, what's in it?   Some would instantly say, sugar, calories, etc.  But when you really stop to think about it, it's like super powers in a cup.  It has the ability to calm you and give you energy all at the same time.  It is that warm beverage that unites you with friends.   When your changing a poopy diaper at 4:30 in the morning, it's the best thing ever to smell that first cup brewing.  It's that energy boost that gets you through that stability ball class you signed up for, because it turned out to be a whole heck of a lot more than just yoga with a ball.  That first cup has the ability to clear your head of all the hoopla so you can make a rational decision at 5 am.   You really come to appreciate that saying of  "don't speak to me until I've had my first cup of coffee" because you know what powers that cup holds.  Seriously, if you ask me anything before my first cup the answer will be a firm "no", while I'm drinking you might get a "maybe" and after I have consumed it and all it's powers, more than likely an affirming "yes". 
Of course all this is stemmed from me cutting out refined sugars right now.  So in my cup it's a Atwater's Holiday Blend and cream. And super powers!  What's in your cup?

3 comments:

  1. This morning, I came scrambling hoping to find those super powers too!! But on a normal day, I usually find peace and warmth. Oh and fat free half and half and splenda ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true that a cup of coffee holds so much more than just liquid...especially when you get to share it with a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! My students know that if I don't have my coffee in had..."Don't talk to Mrs. Stokes" HAHAHA! Love it!

    ReplyDelete